twitter


OUTFIT NUMBER ONE 






This outfit would only be appropriate for industries where you want to display your fashion sense or creativity. This industries include fashion, advertising, design, architecture, or some marketing firms. 

Quick Tip -->> ladies and gents, I picked up this J.Crew button up at the thrift store. Yes, the thrift store. Check them out for business essentials especially blazers, pants, and button up shirts. 

The black tapered pants and black cardigan are definitely business wardrobe staples. You want a basic pair of straight leg pants in black, brown, tan, and navy. A cardigan in black and brown can be thrown over any dress or top to make it more conservative.   

The first makeup look is more of a glamorized day time with a bright red lip and highlighted eyes. This would specifically be cute for a interview at a fashion magazine or fashion design. I did not wear my geek glasses inside the interview because I felt they would be a distraction to the interviewer. This look is displayed on the left side of the first picture. 

The second makeup look in the second picture is what I actually looked like in the interview minus the glasses. I wanted to be taken seriously so I removed the bright red lipstick and decided on a clear gloss instead. I kept the highlighted eye and removed my glasses when inside the interview. 

The third picture is to remind you to remember to insert interesting details in your outfit. I decided to wear a tie which is not typical for a female. This creates a memory in the interviewer's mind for later. They may not remember Alysha, but they will remember the girl with the tie. Furthermore, I tied the tie in a unique knot that I found on YouTube. The tie became more than just a tie, but rather a conversation piece. 

Lastly, notice I wore flats because they were most comfortable. I was going to an area that I was unfamiliar with and did not know if was going to have to walk a long distance to the office building or use stairs. 


OUTFIT NUMBER TWO 







This outfit is a way to show personality and have a little fun while still looking professional. The hot pink on the top is bright and summery, but not over the top. I only wore a print on the top and kept the bottom classic with a black knit pencil skirt. You could add a black blazer or cardigan to this look and remove the necklace for more conservative industries such as legal or finance. For these industries, you would want a closed toe shoe as well. Interviewers want to know that you will represent the company with the highest level of professionalism and fit in with the corporate culture.

I added a belt to create definition at the waist. Notice the belt is not overly tight or bright colored. I picked a dull leather built vs. a patent leather to keep the look conservative. Patent is more flashy and dressy. The belt is also small in size. 

Quick Tip --> wrap the annoying hanger straps around your bra straps to keep a top like this in place!  Nothing is more embarrassing or inappropriate then exposed bra straps. 

Once again, neutral makeup is key. I look awake, alert, and naturally pretty. When the interviewer looks at me they'll see my face not a huge bang or bright green eyeliner. My hair is nicely cropped, but not in my face blocking my eyes. 

I choose a summer ready leather sandal. The sandal is not strappy sending the message of a night out or just another summer day. It's specifically designed for more formal occasions like church, work, or special occasions although it could be wore everyday. This is an example of how to do a sandal for work : Simple, not too strappy, and classic colors or small details. 

Lastly, I wanted to show the detail in the necklace. It's another conversation piece for today's follow up interview. I kept all the busy prints and details at the top of my outfit. Too much going on is simply that...too much going on. I'm not wearing earrings with this look. Studs are simple and keep my top half uncluttered. 

The best accessories are confidence and proper preparation. If you've dressed the part, prepared for the part, and are confident in your abilities, you will succeed! 

Happy interviewing :) 

-amb



0 comments:

Post a Comment